Thứ Tư, 30 tháng 8, 2017

News on Youtube Aug 30 2017

Hey there guys!

This is Reckles with WTBGold and what I don't want to talk about today is how to farm Mageroyal,

Briarthorn, and Swiftthistle.

There's no competition, Hillsbrad foothills is just best.

Follow this route, like usual, the map's down in the description.

I got over a thousand herbs an hour.

No other zone comes close.

What I do want to talk about today is WHY this route is great, so I'm gonna take the

next 4 minutes to go over how herb nodes work in World of Warcraft so you guys can understand.

Your first instinct as a new farmer or even as a new guidemaker, is to go to wowhead,

look up a map of the herb nodes and say, "wow, there's lots of herbs around Ruins of Alterac.

I'll go there.

I'll draw a line around that."

Here's what happens.

Your first five minutes of farming, absolutely great.

Nodes everywhere.

You're constantly herbing.

You get like, 40 of each herb in 5 minutes.

Then, out of no where things just seem to stop spawning, almost like an invisible GM

is watching you and like, punishing you for trolling trade chat.

It takes you an additional 15 minutes to get another 40 of each herb.

Here's why.

There's 4 important factors that describe how herb nodes work.

As of Legion, all gathering nodes have some phasing, where if another player loots an

herb, it disappears for them, but the node is still visible and lootable by you for the

next 30 seconds.

We're going to ignore this here because it's only really important in current content

high competition areas, so you know, you don't hate your fellow farmers anymore.

The second thing is that each zone has three important numbers.

The first is potential nodes (you can see this by doing a little work.

Going to WoWDB or WoWHead and adding up the numbers.

With the Hillsbrad example, it has about 700 potential nodes).

The second number is minimum nodes (For this, I farmed for a while to empty everything out

of Hillsbrad and then just went around physically counting everything up.

Hillsbrad seems to have about 50 nodes as the minimum) The third number is maximum nodes

(generally this is about double the minimum, but for our test, our example here, let's

say it's 80) The third important factor is Auto-fill.

Whenever there are fewer herbs in a zone than the maximum.

So, our maximum is 80.

If there are only 70 nodes, 1 herb will spawn randomly somewhere on the map every 60 seconds

or so.

Now, I don't know the exact timing.

It's really hard to test.

Blizzard hasn't ever responded to me, and that's fine, but this is an interesting mechanic.

And I'm not gonna explain it, I want you to do some thinking here.

Tell me in the comments what you think the affect would be if this didn't exist.

The impact on your results in a zone with heavy competition, your results in a zone

without heavy competition, your total herbalism auction house earnings, on WoW's inflation,

and finally on just general gathering enjoyment.

Would farming be more or less fun if this didn't exist?

The fourth factor though is Force Spawn, and this one's really important.

Has a big impact.

Whenever an herb is looted when the zone is already at the minimum, another will instaspawn

somewhere else on the map.

So let's combine these four points and look at Hillsbrad again.

I'll split the map into two sections, the Ruins and the area around Southshore.

I'll do zone A and zone B and Imagine you're farming just the ruins, the one WoW-Professions

recommends.

Without any competition the map will have the maximum of 80 nodes up.

They'll be pretty evenly distributed between zone A and B. So you'll have a ton of herbs

really quickly when you're gathering for the first 30 nodes.

At that point the random instaspawn will kick in.

Because there are so many potential nodes we'll get about half the new herbs spawning

in A and half spawning in B. But once we've forced 10 nodes to spawn over in the B, which

doesn't take that long, zone B by itself has the map-wide 50 node minimum all by itself,

so instaspawn turns off, and you're left with 1 herb a minute, only half of which spawn

in your side.

Just the autofill.

So, this dynamic zone-wide spawn interaction is why, for extended farming sessions, you

want to design your route so it covers as many herbs as possible.

It's also why you want to be wary of any guide maker who gives results from less than

30 minutes or an hour of testing, or of course anyone who just doesn't list results at

all.

So that's it for me, good luck getting your mageroyal.

Press the like button if you learned something.

Subscribe if you want to see future videos.

Thank you for watching.

Have a great day and happy gold making.

I feel...I feel like there should be a drinking game with this series where you gotta take

a shot every time I say the word node.

For more infomation >> Mageroyal Farming, or How Herb Spawns Actually Work in WoW - Duration: 5:21.

-------------------------------------------

A visual representation of how much rain Texas is getting - Duration: 1:58.

For more infomation >> A visual representation of how much rain Texas is getting - Duration: 1:58.

-------------------------------------------

How Much Can You Do In Only 5 Minutes!? (Minecraft) - Duration: 7:47.

For more infomation >> How Much Can You Do In Only 5 Minutes!? (Minecraft) - Duration: 7:47.

-------------------------------------------

Kelly, Program Director Part 1 - What I do and how much I make - Duration: 3:23.

My name is Kelly Peaton.

I'm 27 years old.

I'm the Director of Education and Workforce Development

at the Silicon Valley Organization Foundation.

And my annual salary is $110,000.

The Silicon Valley Organization,

and it used to be called the Chamber of Commerce,

so it's a business organization,

but it does a lot more than that.

So we do policy and advocacy.

We do community foundation work.

We do economic development work,

and we do political action.

So, in my role with Strive San Jose,

I'm in the non-profit arm

of the Silicon Valley Organization.

And Strive San Jose connects industry, businesses,

to our school district partners,

to connect students to work-based learning opportunities,

to connect teachers to externships in industry,

to help business and industry give feedback on curriculum,

and to do everything related to career pathways.

My main responsibilities are sort of

bucketed into responsibilities for the program

and responsibilities for the organization.

So program wise, setting goals for Strive San Jose.

Setting metrics, setting the strategic direction,

and making sure that our programs

are performing with the quality

and effectiveness that we want them to.

On the organizational side of things,

there's organizational funding,

occasionally doing grant proposals,

reaching out to funders, thanking donors,

and keeping those relationships solid.

There's also coaching and managing my team.

And then also doing all the little things

that you don't think of when you're directing a program,

like internal communications,

and then also doing a lot of relationship building

with our partners, school district partners,

as well as business partners.

You can succeed in this role

with a variety of different skills

because there's scope to accomplish

these things in sort of your own way.

But some of the skills that I'd say are absolutely necessary

are project management, so being able

to scope out a project, set intermediate deadlines

and accomplish those things on time.

Other necessary skills are communications.

In the non-profit world,

you have to work with a wide variety of stakeholders.

So for me, I work with everyone from high school students,

to business owners, to funders,

and that requires being able to communicate

with many different people,

who communicate in different ways.

Some of the mindsets that are important to succeed

in a non-profit role like mine,

are definitely having a growth mindset.

There are going to be times when you make mistakes.

There have been times when I've made mistakes.

And you have to not let that stop you from going on,

or the fear of making mistakes

stop you from trying something new.

Something that I think people

don't think about in a non-profit world

is that you fundraise for

the entire non-profit budget.

So if my salary grows over time here,

it's because our fundraising has grown,

and because the program has grown.

So, opportunities for advancement in my salary

and in my role really come from

growing the program and growing the program's budget.

For more infomation >> Kelly, Program Director Part 1 - What I do and how much I make - Duration: 3:23.

-------------------------------------------

Bhavna, Senior Product Manager Part 1 - What I do and how much I make - Duration: 4:33.

I'm Bhavna Muthangi.

I'm a senior product manager, and I make

about $160,000 a year.

My role as a product manager is basically to collect

requirements from customers, from salespeople,

come up with features by looking at the feedback

that customers are giving me, as well as

looking at the general market trends,

looking at what competitors are doing.

I gather all that data,

I come up with new features that we should be adding

into our product, and I take that to engineering,

and I work with them in order to break those

requirements down into technical tasks.

In a typical day, I'll probably start off

with meeting with my engineering team

and just looking at the status of our current projects

and looking ahead to the next few weeks

to see what they'll be working on.

Then during the day, I might have

a call with a salesperson in order to discuss

what kind of concerns customers are bringing up.

I might have a presentation, where I show our product

directly to customers.

Then I might also be talking to senior managers

in order to get budgets for future projects.

A big part of my job is also

getting the resources we need in order to build things.

I need to justify anything that

the engineers are working on,

in order to make sure the project proceeds,

so I will build a presentation,

based on feedback that I've gotten from customers

and sales, based on market research

and what competitors are doing,

and I use that to justify what the engineers' time

is being spent on, to senior management.

When I first came out of college,

I was in an entry level marketing role,

so in tech, same industry, and I was making

about $80,000 a year.

Then I went to business school,

and I went into product management,

and then I was making $115,000

when I first came out of business school.

Over time, as I got more and more responsibility,

I was able to get raises.

At this point, I think I would need to get a promotion

in order to get a raise

because I'm pretty much at the higher end

of my salary range.

I think the biggest thing as a product manager

that you need to be able to do

is communicate with a variety of different people.

You are working with sales, you're talking to customers,

you're talking to engineering,

and sometimes you're even talking to finance and legal.

It's important to be able to communicate effectively

with all of those groups.

Another important skill is just PowerPoint

because a lot of the time, that's basically

how you're communicating your ideas,

especially to senior management, in order to get budget

and buy-in for your projects.

The two big skills are just communication

and presentations.

In order to do this job well,

you need to be able to understand

the

point of view of a lot of different people,

so you need to be able to understand

what sales wants in order to be able to sell

to customers.

You need to be able to understand

how a customer will use a feature

and how badly they want it or need it.

You need to be able to understand all of the different

stakeholders in your company, sales, engineering,

finance, legal, your senior managers, and execs,

and you need to have relationships

with all those people and be able to persuade them

to your ideas.

I would say

for some product management roles,

you do need to get very deeply technical,

and in that case, a computer science degree

is, it's very useful, and in fact,

some companies, like Google, they have

their product managers do technical interviews as well.

My worst days are if I've been working on a project

for a long time, and I've gotten a lot of,

I've gotten approval from all of the required parties,

and then suddenly there's a management change

at the top, and then the strategy changes of the company,

and then that project is scrapped.

I think that's frustrating because you've already gotten

all this buy-in,

you've moved ahead, you've become very committed

to this project, and then

you don't get to go anywhere with it.

I would say the best days are really when

a product that you have

come up with is launched.

That's the best, especially if there's a press release

associated with it, that's a lot of fun.

For more infomation >> Bhavna, Senior Product Manager Part 1 - What I do and how much I make - Duration: 4:33.

-------------------------------------------

How Much Space Do You Need for a Tower Garden? - Nutritionist Nikki Golly - Duration: 1:23.

today I want to talk about the space needed to have a fantastic time garden

like this

hi this is Nikki Golly with Fuel Your Body here to talk about how much space

do you need to have this beautiful tower garden so we measured it and it's about

30 inches around or 3 feet and it's about five feet high so you need that

much space plus a little bit because you want to harvest all these amazing fruits

and vegetables right and then you need about six hours of sunlight morning Sun

is preferred an afternoon kind of filtered like this is right here this is

the afternoon filtered shade so you need five feet high and three feet around and

about six hours of sunlight think you can do that I think you probably can

definitely message the person that sent you this video and let's get you a Tower

Garden so you can start growing more locally and having a hand in what you're

putting in your body all right fuel your body and have a wonderful day

you

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét