Thứ Bảy, 30 tháng 9, 2017

News on Youtube Oct 1 2017

Hey friends! So today I'm gonna take you all on a little adventure

which you'll probably regret afterwards but we're gonna go!

I'm, like, pretty late to this trend but this quiz was doing its rounds on the internet

like a year ago, probably -- several months to a year ago.

It's called "How Much of a Feminist Are You?" and what I love about it is that

it was doing its rounds a while back on both feminist and anti-feminist channels.

So it's, just -- it's a lot of cringe.

It's very cringey and I'm super excited to take it.

Alright, and I'm also back with wine.

I was a little worried that I didn't have any wine -- but then I realized I had a whole bottle of wine.

So I'm not gonna drink a whole bottle of wine because I am a hardcore lightweight

but it's good to know that that's an option.

It's always good to know you can drink an entire bottle of wine by yourself, if you so desire.

Let's do it.

Turned my air conditioning off, and now I am very warm.

I don't know how many questions are in this. I feel like it's kinda long, so...

"Check all that apply."

So this could either be referring to the gender pay gap or the racial pay gap.

Um, I'm assuming since this a BuzzFeed feminist quiz it's just the gender pay gap.

Because intersectionality is not a thing.

[coughs]

I also think is a weird question, keeping that in mind, because a lot of women are taking this quiz

and if you're talking about the gender pay gap, then why... you wouldn't check this?

But then if you don't check it, I'm assuming BuzzFeed thinks that you're sexist or not a feminist for not checking it.

I also just don't have a salary -- which I would love -- but I do not have financial security.

Like, obviously, everyone's gonna check that.

Yeah. Usually I'm not bothered. I always notice and I might comment on it. I make make a little joke.

I'm not mad about it, usually.

So, I mean, I guess I'll say I'm bothered.

Yes, I know who bell hooks is.

However, this a poser fuckin' quiz because they capitalized bell hooks' name and it's stylistically not capitalized.

So, get out of my face.

I did a whole video about it. I'm not gonna do it here, but, yeah, I can define intersectional feminism.

Like, literally every single women's studies class I've ever taken has begun with a primer on what intersectional feminism is.

So, I -- I got it.

Yeah. But there's not really a great alternative.

I recognize that it's annoying that the only, like, language we have to address groups is gendered or outdated.

I sometimes say "ya'll" but I think I already say "ya'll" way more than a person from California is allowed to.

So...

Bitch, I majored in women's studies.

But this quiz would probably get mad at me for saying "bitch", so, just don't tell the quiz.

Yes. But I also get a lot of obnoxious comments when I talk about majoring in women's studies

saying that if I really care about inequality in STEM then I would have majored in STEM

but I also think it's important to let people do what they're interested in, because they're way less likely to do well in an area that they're not passionate about.

I don't like this one because I feel like BuzzFeed wants me to say yes to prove how much of a feminist I am

but I also just think that's based on a stereotype that affirmative action for women is women that are unqualified

because a lot of people think that affirmative action means that you're getting jobs that you're not qualified for

and that's not true.

It's when you're looking at several people who are equally qualified

and maybe taking preference for someone who is not represented in the workplace at all.

I mean, yeah, I don't, like -- that's not gonna be my number one issue of things that I care about.

But also, there's no reason why you need a woman in a dress -- just, like, say "women" or "men" or make it gender neutral.

Yes, obviously.

I mean, I do think that's important, but I think, a lot of the time, inequality in the workplace is summed up to it being women's fault --

"Well, they just don't know how to negotiate" --

and that's an aspect of socialization where we're kinda just taught to be polite and do what we're told and not ask for too much.

So I do think that's important. But I also just don't think that's the only reason that there's inequality in the workplace.

There are a lot of different factors, so I don't like when it's only chalked up into this, like, "Lean in"

type of "Just negotiate and everything will be equal."

Ah, fuckin' Jennifer Lawrence!

I don't like Jennifer Lawrence, but, yeah, yeah, yes.

Should more movies pass the Bechdel test? Yes.

Do I think a movie shouldn't be released if it doesn't pass the Bechdel test? Not necessarily.

I would rather consumers boycott a movie for being sexist or racist, rather than just saying it can't be released at all.

Like, when has a movie ever not been released because it was sexist or racist? That's kind of like, the norm, I feel like, in Hollywood.

And there are lots of movies that do pass the Bechdel test, that are still pretty fuckin' sexist.

So I don't think the Bechdel test is the best indicator.

Yeah, obviously -- everyone's gonna answer that.

Yeah, I made a video about it -- so go watch that video.

Um, yeah, definitely. This is one of the first questions in this quiz that I actually fully agree on

other than the basic, like, "men and women should be equal."

Yeah -- I mean, yeah. [laughs]

Yes.

Yes.

I don't love, like -- this is supposed to be a feminist quiz, but then they're using the word "female".

I feel like, just say "woman". But whatever.

On a personal level, yeah -- if someone that I know tells me that they were assaulted, then I'm gonna believe them.

But also, conversely, if someone who doesn't identify as a women tells me they were assaulted, I will generally believe them too.

I just think it's important to believe people who are sexually assaulted.

I don't even know who that is -- so, no.

I mean, I'm assuming since this is capitalized it's referring to Roxanne Gay's novel "Bad Feminist", which I own and have read.

By the way, this month's Feminist Book Club perk on my Patreon is "Bad Feminist", incidentally. I didn't even plan that.

Also, if you would like to receive September's book club pick, then be sure to sign up for the Feminist Book Club tier on my Patreon by the end of September.

Yes.

I mean, I might've been real shitty in high school but I don't remember saying it.

But also, we all are taught real sexist shit, and we don't realize that it's bad until we learn otherwise

so I understand that everyone's at a different part in their journey

and I'm hoping that anyone who's saying that a woman is "asking for it"

has loved ones that will tell them and educate them on why that's fucked up to say.

I am the most offended by catcalling

according to the comments on my video about it.

I don't care -- I just, I like... I don't care.

Maybe it's just 'cause I don't go to nightclubs and bars.

I also just don't like the way that they're framing it as women getting "VIP treatment"

because a lot of this plays into sexual objectification

like, "Oh, we have a bunch of dudes here, so we need to invite in hot women to keep 'em happy."

and it's a little predatory, so... I just don't like the way this is framed.

Yes. I mean, on a surface level, there are black women who are affected by police brutality

so that's important to me. But also, I think focusing on institutional oppression is important in general.

Yes. Although it's weird that they're just assuming that all models are super skinny, because that is the norm

but there are a lot of, like, "plus-size" women who are models as well.

But yeah, I get what they're saying.

Yes, because it creates unrealistic beauty standards.

I feel like I probably have, when I was younger.

Just because you didn't know better when you were younger, doesn't mean that you're less of a feminist.

Yes.

Yeah, because every time dudes haven't let me pay on dates, that's been kind of a red flag for me.

But also, the way this is phrased -- "Her date should let her" -- it's still giving him all of the control in the situation.

Yes. I think anyone with a uterus should have access to birth control.

Yes, 'cause a lot of women will work a full-time job and then they have to come home and do what is referred to as "the second shift"

where they also have to take care of the kids and, like, participate in way more of their fair share of the domestic responsibilities.

So, yes.

Yes, but I also think that this doesn't account for the fact that men and women are socialized to express different emotions.

I think there's more a stigma for women who express anger, because they're labelled as "hysterical"

whereas men are stigmatized when they cry, because "that's not masculine".

So, I think the question shouldn't be "Do we have the same emotional strength?"

It should be "Why are we nurturing different emotions in different genders?"

I mean, if anyone is getting attacked, I think it's any bystander's responsibility to intervene if it's safe

or to call the police if it's not safe.

Yes.

I feel like I haven't, just because I don't really care about kids that much, and that's not really something that would occur to me.

Again, I don't really want kids -- but probably.

Yes. I think a lot of workplaces are very male- dominated and there's kind of this "macho" culture

that is a little bit inaccessible to women.

"There is a place in Hell for women who don't support other women."

Um, I don't know if I would say it's a responsibility

but if you have women you're friends with, it would be a good thing to encourage them to pursue their goals.

I don't think that anyone's required to do this, but I think it's a nice thing to do.

[sighs] Fuckin' look at where we are now.

Yeah, because I wasn't super smiley in high school and I remember a lot of people thought I was a, quote, unquote, "bitch"

because I have a resting bitch face.

I also notice that, in public, when I am approached by strangers, my immediate reaction is to be really friendly and polite

even if that's not really how I feel like being, I feel like it's kinda my obligation to do that

whereas my boyfriend does not feel the same obligation

and will kind of just, be like, "Whatever, leave me alone."

So, yeah, I do think that, like, women are kinda socialized to be more polite and friendly and warm than men.

So, I don't think it's our responsibility to be like that.

I mean, obviously, it's good for everyone to be friendly and polite.

But there is, I think, a disparity in that.

Probably, in high school, because I was a shitty teenager -- but I wouldn't do that now, obviously.

However, if I don't click this, it's gonna say that I'm less of a feminist, which is fucking annoying.

Yes.

And then there's a Beyoncé GIF.

This is the most superficial pop feminism bullshit.

So I would've had to have clicked all of these in order to be a "better feminist".

I just think this quiz is very misguided and there's no room to disagree with it

or else, you're "less of a feminist".

When I would say that a lot of the framing of these issues is not very intersectional feminist

despite the fact that they wanted me to define "intersectionality".

I don't think that asking the question "How much of a feminist are you?" is a very useful pursuit.

I think it's more important to focus on the individual issues

instead of just making it a "holier than thou", "I'm more feminist than you" competition.

I just think that that's a really self-centered way to think about feminism, and it doesn't really get into the core of the issues, I.M.O.

So, what do you guys think about this BuzzFeed quiz?

Have you taken it? What score did you get? And do you think it's helpful or do you think it's bullshit?

I kinda think it's bullshit, but...

It's BuzzFeed -- what do you expect?

Also, I just said "you guys", so minus one 'feminism point' for me!

Anyway, thank you for watching this video.

If you enjoyed it, please give it a like and subscribe to this channel for more videos like this one.

Also this is completely voluntary but if you would like to help support my work

then please consider donating to my Patreon page, which will be linked below.

There are a lot of cool perks, such as exclusive updates, secret videos, and even a monthly feminist newsletter, so definitely check it out.

For more infomation >> "How Much of a Feminist Are You?" (Quiz) - Duration: 14:22.

-------------------------------------------

Just How Much Does YeRi Hate BTS? - Duration: 3:56.

Just How Much Does YeRi Hate BTS?

BTS may have shocked the world by becoming the most influential K-Pop act with accomplishments that include beating out superstar Justin Bieber for the 2017 Billboard Top Social Artist Award and dominating music charts.

But our beloved heartthrobs are after all still human beings even though wed like to believe that they are something more extraordinary, and they are sometimes are not liked by everyone. .

Yeri of Red Velvet apparently seems to show a certain dislike for them, especially for BTS member J-Hope. Whether that is true or not no one knows for sure.

But there has actually been a recent Twitter post from a fan that shows Yeris disapproval at the way J-Hope has depicted Red Velvets dance moves.

She definitely didnt seem to be pleased and there is a footage of her glaring at J-Hope as he hysterically dances away in a somewhat mocking manner of Red Velvets dance moves.

Whether J-Hope was intentionally attempting to belittle the girls is at this point unsure but Yeri and also some fans online didnt take it too well. YERI HATES BTS pic. twitter. com/t1JhA78lzq — briel (@clcpromoter) March 25, 2016.

Twitter.

But if we examine the situation a little more closely, its not entirely just simply only about Yeris display of disapproval of J-Hopes behavior. The issue that may arise is closely related to the perception of women in general.

Womens rights has been a subject for the past few years that has been an issue in various parts of the world.

Everyone has different perspectives but if we look at it from one angle, the problem may be that it is difficult to draw the line of right and wrong when it comes to the behavior men exhibit towards women.

A female South Korean fan has expressed her dislike of BTSs behavior by applauding Yeri for her bluntness towards the boy band and stated that women should call out male K-Pop idols in situations like this.

The irony is that even though BTS has won the hearts of many female South Korean fans, there are still some female Korean K-Pop fans that dislike male idol groups behavior, especially when it has female idols in the picture.

However, J-Hope is known to be playful and sometimes the way boys play differ from the way girls do. That could be the case, or maybe he just found the choreography amusing and teased it in a way.

What do you think? Do you think Yeri really dislikes BTS? Or is it just a false rumor that people are spreading through manipulation? Let us know!.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét