Thứ Sáu, 29 tháng 9, 2017

News on Youtube Sep 29 2017

So in the beginning of the year Mary Bartson from The Foundation for

Madison's Public Schools came to us and she said I've got an organization that's

interested in adopting your school. Would you like to meet with them? It's the

Hilton and we were like, the Hilton? Oh my, gosh yes, we'd love to meet with them! And

then we sat down together and did some planning and just kind of said what our

needs were. They said some things that they could do and at the end of that

meeting it was clear that we were a match made in heaven. And that feels so

great for me as a staff to know that there's other adults in our community

caring about our kids and getting excited about making them feel important

and acknowledged and it has made possible an honor-roll luncheon. They get

to leave on a bus, do something really special and other students see it and it

motivates them like hey, next time, next quarter I want to be at that luncheon.

Kids say, I didn't know that this was such a big deal, and it is a big deal

because this is all about you and rewarding you. And so, for them to feel

that people outside of the school care about it too just makes it bigger for

them. We have incentive parties for students at the school for kids that are

meeting and doing the things the right way. Coming to class on time, being

respectful, doing their academics and at these parties we have games, we have food

and the Hilton staff come in like an army and just make the function go so

much more smoothly. We had an incentive party which the Hilton Hotel brought

arts and crafts and I love doing the arts and crafts with them, but mostly I was

excited to come here and have such a good time with my friends and I was

really thankful for the Hilton hotel. It's such a great opportunity for all of

the Hilton staff to really get involved with the community and

specifically the school. It also really builds team morale and all the events

that we do at Wright, it helps to build team building events with our staff and

they get really, really excited to be role models for the kids. I'm really

looking forward to our next event coming up which is going to be the crockpot

lunch club and the students are going to get together with their families. We'll be

teaching them about healthy lifestyles and making healthy dinners for them and

their family and they'll be able to prep and put together the meals right there

and then make meals for their families. I get just as much out of it as I think

the kids are. I'm just as happy at the end of my workday especially after a day

that I get to spend with Wright Middle School working with The Foundation's

been a really easy process and they really kind of are the middleman for

this whole Wright Middle School partnership. They get us in touch with

the right people and helped us to really develop this.

Like, being a former graduate of Wright I can influence students I guess maybe if

they're into food like, they could try to think about pursuing a career in the

culinary arts or also just like leaving a good impact on students. Like helping

them get incentive to like achieve and like do better. Oh my goodness, this

partnership has been absolutely amazing this year. You know we care about them

inside of the school but there's this whole bigger picture. The whole staff at

Hilton cares about them too. And so their reaction, feeling that they matter is

huge. It's really, really huge for them. Seeing that direct impact with the

students sort of melts your heart because you can see such support not

only from the school but also from the community. so, I absolutely cherish

this relationship from the Hilton.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét